So I don’t even consider shoes a accessory anymore, they’re more of a necessity. Therefor, I have a new fave accessory… HATS. If you’ve been around here for even a minute you can see my love for hats. I like bit hats and I cannot lie. I live in my hats! All year round!
I prefer the wide brim styles personally, but a new favorite this past year has also been the Fiddler style cap. I realize hats are something you either love or hate. I think a lot of people also don’t really know how they truly feel when it comes to them, I think a lot of people don’t feel like they can pull them off, just a opinion I’ve made from messages I have received. If this is you, first off.. YOU CAN. There are different styles that are probably better for different face shapes, but if you love it… who cares. I personally don’t think the Fiddler style cap does anything for my round face shape, and Ricky really doesn’t care for that style, but I love it. So I wear it.
If you’re someone that’s kind of been on the fence about testing the waters I am going to share a very affordable style that it is really good for Spring and Summer + if all else fails would be a great hat for the pool/lake/beach. I own it in two colors now and LOVE it!
Because I love hats I do splurge on them. Some of my hats I have had for years now and will continue to keep. I store them by hanging them up in my bedroom as “decor” If you take care of them the higher priced ones will go with you for years. I also only buy certain brands, my head is HUGE… especially with all of these hair extensions. So, I rarely can do the “one size” the thing I love about my favorite brand LACK OF COLOR is that they are sized. I wear a Medium in almost all of their hats, some styles I can even do a large with all my hair! BRIXTON is another favorite and way more affordable, they also have sizing options as well!
I tend to buy a lot of my hats from AMAZON because they’re priced better and I can get them in a few days through Prime. I’m excited to share all my favorites with you! I highly recommend giving them a go this Spring/Summer… the bigger hats are more seen throughout the warmer months in my opinion, so it’s perfect timing!
- BRIXTON STRAW HAT– This is the hat I would recommend trying! It’s under $50! Ships for FREE, comes in a few colors and one of my all time favorite styles for Spring and Summer! If you decided you didn’t feel your best wearing it out and about you can still get a TON of use from it at the lake/pool/beach/vacay, etc! You will see me sharing this one a lot these coming months, I own the “Natural” (pic below) and got the “Honey” color this year! LOVE both, the “Natural” would be the best choice for starting out, goes with everything!
- RANCHER– My all time most worn and favorite hat! I have this in FIVE colors, I know… ridiculous. But, it’s my absolute favorite style and the different colors allow me to wear it year round! I just got a new color in that I can’t wait to shoot! HIGHLY recommend saving up and splurging on this one! It’s SO good and can be worn with any and everything in my opinion!
- RIVIERA STYLE– One most people won’t love, but if you’re a hat junkie… you will! I feel this style runs small, I own the Medium, but need the large honestly to avoid headaches. You can’t really return a hat once you put it on and get makeup on it, so I am making the Med work. If you decide to order, I would size up personally.
- LOLA– This was the first “fiddler” style I ever tried. It’s one of my all time favorites! I love the two tone colors and the material is high quality, another one I should have done a large in though.
- LEATHER BIKER CAP– I own this in the black and the brown! Probably my first go to if I am grabbing a “fiddler” stye cap. The black is so good for a edgy look and the lighter brown is just unique. Every time I wear the brown out I get stopped and asked about it! Size up in this style too!
- AFFORDABLE FIDDLER– If you want to test the “fiddler” style out first, I would recommend this one! It’s under $50 and really good quality + similar to the others.
- WIDE STRAW HAT– This one is on my “Summer Want List” and I like THIS STYLE a lot too! Can’t decide… HELP!
- FAVE BEANIES– In case it’s still cold where you are, now is a great time to catch these ON SALE. I live in these in the winter! My FAVORITE RED BEANIE is UNDER $13 right now!!!!
- BASEBALL CAP– Have this cap in multiple colors and teams. Don’t ask me if I am a big “XYZ” fan… I most likely just liked the hat and the color! This fit is great too! I also love THIS ONE and THIS ONE!
- SHERPA CAP– I have this in my cart just waiting on it to go on sale! It’s about out of season, so hoping to snag it cheaper soon!
- MESA CAP– This was my most recent splurge hat. Caught it on sale too! I LOOOOVE IT! Another one I should have sized up in, but have already worn it, so hope to stretch it out some! It’s a really unique piece, can’t wait to wear it all Spring/Summer!
I hope this helps and gives you a good idea. Regardless if you’re just trying to gain the confidence to rock one OR if you’re a hat junkie like me… hopefully this will be a good starting point. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m going to do a “try-on” for you guys with all the styles so you can see! Make sure to follow me on INSTAGRAM to check it all out! As always, thanks for stopping by!