If you don’t already know, I live in this small West Texas town called, Lubbock. I’m born and raised. We plan on moving one day, when God calls us somewhere else but, for now, here we are. Lubbock is one of those places that it never fails, almost everyone has some kind of connection to it. Maybe you’ve stopped by on a business trip and experienced our 7 terminal place of a airport. Maybe your cousins, cousin, has moved here. You might have a friend or two that attended Texas Tech University at some point. Lubbock is one of those big-small towns. We have around 200,ooo people… give or take some… I may even be making this number up. You’ll have to Google to confirm. I honestly have no reason of even telling you this. HA! The main reason I am telling you about Lubbock is for you to understand why I am dressed for Spring one day and then a Winter storm the next. The beauty of Lubbock and West Texas really is this crazy weather! Hold on, I should probably re-phrase that, I am not sure it’s something I consider “beauty”
It’s kind of just down right crazy.
We go from freezing temps one day to, sunny 80 degree weather the next. For the most part I don’t mind the crazy climate changes. Unless, the wind comes with it! Chicago has been called “The Windy City” but, I believe Lubbock truly deserves that Title. Our gusty winds get CRAZY! And we even have these things called “Haboobs”
What! Ever heard that word? I hadn’t either, until a haboob hit Lubbock. Talk about gross! It’s like a muddy and windy wall of nastiness. Here’s a pic so you understand what I am talking about…
This is actually one that hit Lubbock, thanks National Weather Services for the pic!
Theres your weather update, provided by Magen Reaves for the day.
I met with my friend and photographer Emily Koontz last week to get some new material for the site. What we had both hoped for would be a sunny and warm day ended up being a FREEZING one! So, don’t let the photos fool you. We were both shivering cold!
I purchased this military jacket awhile back on sale, I hadn’t had the chance to wear it quite yet so, I honestly was excited the cooler temps gave me the chance to! I styled it with all my favorites! The best body suit, my favorite Spring jean, and the shoes I am living in now a days! Oh, and for the record my glasses are prescription. I’m not sure if that’s better or worse. The fact I didn’t just buy a cheap pair of these trending frames, like most do. OR that I actually chose this frame for my prescription. I personally LOVE them… Ricky, not so much! I filled my prescription at EyeGlass World awhile back and they had “Buy One Get One Free” on all their frames. So, these were my free ones. HIGHLY recommend them for your prescription needs. The customer service was phenomenal! These frames were actually a pair of sunglasses. They can take any of their sunglasses and change out the frame to your prescription. I’m not sure the exact style of these but, if you want them, shoot me a message and I’ll do some digging for you!
As we start to transition into the Spring months I wanted to share some of my favorite tops that I think will help to transition, and you could totally bring them back out as we move back to the fall later this year. Some are as cheap as FIFTEEN DOLLARS! Say what! AND the $15 one I am referring to, I own it in almost every color and LOVE pairing them with just about anything! Check it all out below…
- I LOVE this MILITARY VEST for Spring/Summer! ON SALE TOO!
- I own this BODYSUIT in every color! One of my favorites!
- The BEST $15 TRANSITION TOP you’ll ever own! Seriously, get every color! I wear the XS in these & they still work with leggings!
- I have a problem with BODYSUITS right now! I just love them! Especially the blush color of this one!
- LOVE this fun FRINGE SWEATER with denim shorts this Spring!
- This NIKE JACKET would be cute with shorts and some tennis shoes.
- A SPLURGE SUEDE MOTO JACKET that would be adorable over any and everything this Spring!
- Super cute LIGHTWEIGHT SWEATER UNDER $50 right now! RUN!
- Got these $20 HIGHNECK TANKS in every color for this Spring/Summer
- One of my FAVORITE THERMALS AND it’s ON SALE!
- This KELLY GREEN CROCHET SWEATER is GORGEOUS and so fun for Spring and Summer!
- THIS TOP is arriving on my doorstep today in the peach color!
- Just ordered this LACE TOP because it’s ON SALE
- Tried THIS on the other day and want it in EVERY color now!
- Own THIS TOP in the white and LOVE it! So cute with all denim!
- This BASIC is calling my name!
- I just love this LEVIS TEE
- My boys would appreciate this NASA TEE
- These OVERALLS are on their way to me!
- I want this DENIM JUMPSUIT too!
- I wear this TOP all the time right now!
- One of my FAVORITE TOPS I have purchased lately! (Will be on the blog next week)
Comment below or on my Instagram if you need help with sizing on anything!