With Mothers Day approaching I had wanted to compile a list of gifts that you guys have loved to give, receive or that you are secretly hoping you will receive one day. Words of Affirmation and Gifts are my top two Love Languages (read the book if you want to know yours) I feel loved and I like to show love through both of these Love Languages.
If you guys have been around here for awhile or know me personally you know I am not a “flower type” My husband has learned to just accept this about me. I’ll list flowers on here just for those that do like them but, in my mind I would rather receive a gift I can keep longer than a day. I mean if I am being honest the only plants I can keep alive are ones that don’t require water or sun.
I’m going to number each item, at the end there will be a section for just local ideas for the Lubbock, Tx area. I am hoping you will be able to send this list to your spouse or children and say, “Hey honey/kids! In case you need some ideas I would really enjoy # 1, 7, 12, etc… ” Just enter the number of which items on the list sound good to you! Your spouse/kids can just click that item and it will take them right to it. You will click the underlined descriptive word in each post to shop that item, unless specified different.
I hope this can serve as a good resource for Mothers Day but, also a upcoming Birthday, Anniversary, etc. Ricky honestly hates shopping for me. He thinks I’m too picky… maybe I am. So, this system has worked well for us. I usually compile him a list of 5 pairs of shoes I love, where to get them, and what size. He then surprises me from that list. It’s a win/win for both of us. I get something I like and that fits and it eliminates the stress for him of having to go try to find something on his own. So, this may be a great system for you both!
Please comment below or on any of my Social Media channels if you need further information on any item!
- These engraved rings with my babies names have been a top seller for you guys and one of the products you all have asked the most about. Mine were gifted to me by my Mother for Christmas one year, they are the Lisa Leonard brand, which is on the higher end. So, I am sharing some here that are just as amazing and super affordable. OPTION 1 OPTION 2 OPTION 3 OPTION 4 (Option 4 is a smaller and more dainty option)
- This ENGRAVED COORDINATE CUFF perfect for your babies birth place or your wedding place!
- If you need workout gear, this is one of my favorite, affordable and good quality lines… ZELLA GEAR
- I have these TENNIS SHOES and LOVE them! They’re so comfy and run true to size!
- A new APPLE WATCH BAND (PS this one is UNDER $12!!!)
- SPLURGE ITEM- BUT something your girl will LOVE YOU for- DYSON HAIR DRYER (This one comes with a traveling case too)
- Another splurge item but, something your girl will cherish- MAYA BRENNER NECKLACE
- Can never have enough BATH BOMBS
- My new FAVORITE MAC HIGHLIGHTER from Dillards
- The gift that will really benefit you both, only gift this if your girl LOVES to cook… she won’t enjoy it otherwise.. the infamous INSTANT POT (this is the best size in my opinion, not huge but not the smallest either)
- If your girl loves Perfume, here are some of the top suggestions from other women:
- If your girl loves to read, especially Faith based books, read this BLOG POST and below are a few that were also suggested!
- I have this FIG LEAF PLANT on my list! I think it’s gorgeous for your bedroom or living area.
- For the CACTUS LOVER!
- The best CLINIQUE MOISTURIZER from Dillards, I have fallen in love with this whole line! A great gift for the girl that loves skincare!
- I just got this ADORABLE SPRING HEEL, it’s more of a splurge but, I got the white for Spring/Summer! Run true to size.
- LOVE this FUN DENIIM JACKET and it’s UNDER $35! Runs true to size!
- BANDANA SCARVES are cute and all of this one is UNDER $6! Can be worn as a headwrap too!
- BIG SPLURGE- GUCCI HANDBAG – this one is perfect for year round! LOVE the color, would match any and everything!
- And this GUCCI BELT that everyone seems to be wearing now. Want to know a secret though? Here’s a KNOCK OFF VERSION!!!
- JAMES AVERY MOTHERHOOD CHARM is always a great piece to give.
- ALEX AND ANI BANGLES are always a great piece to give!
- Anything KENDRA SCOTT!
I will add to the list as you guys send me more ideas! Below are some other ideas that you can shop locally to support your community and that your girl will love!
- Giftcard to her favorite local boutique.
- Massage/Spa Day— this should just be a monthly thing, not just holidays 🙂
- Have her car detailed.
- Let her pick where you guys do breakfast, lunch and/or dinner for the day.
- Have a cleaning service come and deep clean the whole house while you treat her to a spa day or a day of shopping!
- Flowers/Plants… if she’s that kind of girl.
- Giftcard to her favorite make-up retailer &/OR a appointment with a well known make-up artist in the area.
- If her Love Language is “Quality Time” try to do a trip or even a stay-cation if getting away isn’t possible right now.
- Giftcard to her favorite home decor store.
- Silhouette Portraits of children.
- The T-Shirt Quilts with kids shirts or old shirts to remind her of fun places you guys have visited together.
- Her favorite candle.
Feel free to email Magen.Blog@Gmail.com if you need guidance or recommendations on any purchase.
Thanks for stopping by!