I LOVE me some Salmon!
I am the only one in my family that does though so, I don’t get to make it as often as I would like. I am praying one of the kids will grow to love it as they get older. I have found my favorite way to cook it at home right now is to bake it. I love this recipe because it’s delicious, quick, simple…and it’s really hard to mess up.
Here’s what you will need-
- 4 Salmon Filets- I prefer mine fresh
- 2 Lemons
- Olive Oil
- Garlic- You can buy the fresh cloves and chop them up or I buy the one in a jar thats already ready to go.
- Vegetable of your choice- I prefer yellow squash, zucchini, purple onion and or asparagus. Sometimes I will use them all.
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Line a baking pan with foil and spread olive oil on foil to avoid food sticking.
- In a mixing bowl- squeeze both lemons and leave juice in bowl while cutting the remaining lemon into slices and sit it aside for now. Add garlic (I do a spoon-full, add to your preference) 3TBSP of Olive Oil, salt and pepper as desired to the mixing bowl. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Place Salmon Filets and vegetables on the baking pan.
- Spread the mix over the filets first, I like to use a brush. Coat the filets and spread the remaining on vegetables.
- Place lemon slices on top of Salmon Filets
- Place in oven and let cook for 10-15min.
I love to serve with a Light Ceaser Salad, on top of brown rice if I need a carb or just as is with some hot sauce drizzled for a little extra spice.