So in BSF this “semester” – I love saying that! I attended college like one day, so I feel kinda legit. Oh & BSF is free & it’s like a “school” all about Jesus. I mean this should be what college is really all about. Free & Jesus. Ok back on track…
So we are doing a study of Moses now & all the details I am learning are just so incredible. I don’t want to ruin it for you, actually I couldn’t even if I tried… But like a few things I’ve learned these last two weeks…
1. Egypt was rich & prosperous like 1500 years BEFORE Moses ever even got there. They were very advanced. They performed dental & brain surgeries. They were fertile.
2. But they were without God.
3. Exodus means “exit” or “going out” it refers to Gods deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage.
4. God doesn’t ever give us the name of the pharaoh but He does give us the names of the two midwives that disobeyed pharaoh but obeyed God. They feared God, not man.
5. Moses cries right at the perfect time for the Princess in the Nile to see the basket. Because of his cry she felt pity.
5. She knew he was a Hebrew baby because he was circumcised.
I could keep listing more & more things I’m learning. But the whole “gist” behind the post is I’ve always been so lost in the Bible. Like I can’t pronounce half the names sometimes & I get confused on who is who’s sister & brother & so on & so on. Really slowing down, studying it, processing it has helped so much! I think the two biggest “things” that helped were praying & having the Holy Spirit!!! If you know me from High school or childhood you know I loved two things, like a lot… Shamu & the History of the Holocaust. I was the girl that wanted to get married walking across Shamus tank & I was the girl that would check out the 6hr Holocaust movie to watch at home. I know, it’s weird. It’s me. I LOVE history though & learning the beautiful history of the world has filled my heart more than any Shamu ever could. Something I felt God just showing off for me in particular was in this study pharaoh has a plan to wipe out the Israelites because the Egyptians feared they would out number them. But God said, “I will bless those who bless you, & whoever curses you I will curse” to Abraham. The growth in the Jewish population testifies to Gods faith. In 1836 a census shows 3 million Jews worldwide. 1936- 16 MILLION JEWS! The Nazis killed 6 million Jews in what they called “the final solution to the Jewish problem” TODAY more Jews alive than before the Nazi area. I’m glad I could give you some facts & my point for that was to just “say” how much I love that God knows what I’m passionate about & even in the smallest things He connects with me & He stretches me. He’s good! I’m sure I’ll be posting a lot about Moses so stay tuned….