Hey friends! So I recently shared a “make-up tutorial” … if that’s what you want to call it… on my Instagram feed. I did the tutorial “live” and found out afterward it would not allow me to save it. BOO!
But, I went ahead and set up a link for you guys with all of my products that I use, minus the Eyebrow Gel I use… they are currently revamping it I guess so it’s not available at the moment. I linked a few others I think would do the exact same thing though.
I wanted to kind of walk you through what my routine looks like just so you’ll have something until I can save the video to my Instagram again and my Youtube channel (Did you know I had one?)
So here’s my Daily Grind: Well every few days Grind… because I definitely do not do my make-up everyday!
- I was my face with the Proactive Regimen I have linked here. I have tried numerous skincare lines and I always end up back here. It seems to be what works best for my combo skin type and helps to keep me from breaking out. I also linked their “emergency” breakout blemish product. As soon as I feel one coming on I apply this to that area. It really helps to eliminate them getting out of control and helps to cut down the time I have them.
- I apply the Matte Primer to my eye lids and then proceed with my eyeshadow. I personally do my shadow first because I am messy and I end up getting it all over my cheekbones. So, if I did my foundation first I would have eyeshadow all over it.
- I then wipe my face down with a exfoliating wipe, which helps to prep my face and remove all the excess eyeshadow I have dropped everywhere.
- I then apply the primer all over my face.
- Then I will use my foundation. Depending on what I have going that day depends on what foundation I am going to use. If it’s a date night I usually go with the Estee Lauder (linked below) if its just my day to day I do the CC Cream (linked below) both are amazing and have amazing coverage. I feel like they both work great for my combo skin, they aren’t running down your face by the end of the day!
- I then use my Naked Contour Pallet to shape my nose, give my cheeks some definition, narrow down my face, and highlight under my eyes. I use the blender sponges to help even it all out and then I top the whole look with my Mac compact Powder and then add some blush on my cheek bone (all linked below)
- I will then finish my eyes with the It Cosmetics eyeliner and the Benefit Mascara if its a date night, if it’s just for my everyday look I use my cheap mascara, the Loreal Carbon Black (all linked below)
- I run my eyebrow gel over my eyebrows just to give them a pop of color from all the makeup thats been applied over my face. I have my brows mico-bladed/powder coated so they don’t require much. If you scroll through previous blog post you can find the one I did over micro-blading. I LOVE them and it was one of the best things I have done for myself.
- I am LOVING this Bare Minerals Matte Gloss, it makes your lips super soft! I use the color “flawless” for everyday look and usually date night too! It’s the perfect tone for both.
- I then “set” my whole look by applying a Loose translucent powder and then spritzing my face with the Urban Decay Setting Spray! And then I am out the door!
Hope this helps, I will try to get the video posted soon so you will have a visual of what this all looks like. As far as brushes go I use mostly Mac brushes. A few are random here and there but majority for my all over face are Mac!
I am not a make-up guru at all! This is actually a category I would consider myself “weaker” in. But, this is what works for me so, I roll with it! If y’all see me rolling around town with contour where contour shouldn’t be well, then don’t judge. Just love me where I’m at and I’ll do the same!
Please comment below any questions you might have and one of your favorite products I might be missing out on!
Thanks for stopping by!
Love you girls!
***UPDATED- FORGIVE ME! I KNEW I WAS MISSING SOMETHING! AS A MOM OF FOUR YOU KNOW I GOTTA HAVE SOME DARK CIRCLES TO HIDE!! RIGHT AFTER I PUT MY FOUNDATION ON, I APPLY A CONCEALER UNDER MY EYES. I SWEAR BY THIS ONE, THE TARTE SHAPE TAPE! I LOVE IT, I USE A BLENDER SPONGE TO BLEND IT IN.